Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Ravi Shankar teaches Sitar to George Harrison

1968 rare footage! Need I say more? :)

Actual I "would" like to say a little more. ha How about a quote from George first:

"Sometimes I feel like I'm actually on the wrong planet.  It's great when I’m in my garden, but the minute I go out the gate I think, 'What the hell am I doing here?' 
[Yes George, me too. Aren't we all lucky to have found Prabhupada to show us our real home.]

 The above is a pic of George in Vrindavana India [Holy Land], wearing his neckbeads. 


George or Hari's Son as Prabhupada named him, is seen in the above pic paying his obeisances [bowing down] in Vrindavana.

The above is George's Star of Fame. Notice the book "Chant and Be Happy" and other devotional items on his star.

Finally, Ravi teaches George to play Sitar:



And in case you missed it, here is another blog posting about George, also with a video.