Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2016

My Memories in Prabhupada's Movement


Some years back, the web master of Prabhupada Connect, kindly asked me to write my memories of Prabhupada and the old days. I told him I was not good at that sort of thing. He replied, once you put pen to paper [or keyboard to computer ha], you will be surprised what comes out. I suspect he had this experience with other devotees as well, because it worked. Surprisingly to myself, I WAS able to write something. So below is a piece of my writings, coupled with his web site.

 GODSISTERS of the MOVEMENT and SRILA PRABHUPADA

"Where to start glorifying the pure devotee? The mercy of Srila Prabhupada is more than I understand of course, but especially back in the early 70's. Yet due to my interest in yoga and meditation, these ultimately lead me to him.

During that time there were many yogis and gurus arriving at the shores of  America. While I found this interesting, I also did not want to be cheated. The more I discovered about them, the more I philosophically disagreed.

For example, friends started to show books to me which stated you are one with God -- just as a drop of water merges and becomes one with the ocean losing its individuality, so too do you. That didn't mesh with me. My response may not have been sophisticated in my young mind, but I did not believe we lose our identity and simply "merge." So I put that guru to the side........."

The rest of the story is at this site.

YS,
Priitaa dd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.